Gladiator Commercial Vehicle Insurance www.gladiator.co.uk Review

• Customer service

Guest's review of Gladiator Commercial Vehicle Insurance www.gladiator.co.uk

“Gladiator, well these people think they have the right...”

Written on: 07/05/2010

Gladiator, well these people think they have the right to make payments for new insurance without your consent. Heres what happened, i received a renewal notice for my van insurance which i had taken out the year before and paid via credit card, on the letter i received they said they had taken the payment from the card £400 plus which i had not consented to, which means they are keeping your card number and security number on the rear of your card and automatically taking the payment, now if this isnt theft i dont know what is. Im not on a yearly contract with them or given them my consent to re-issuse the insurance or take payment from my card. This is like going on holiday and paying for your hotel when you leave and finding they have taken a payment for next years holiday just because you used them once. A total breach of security by both insurance and visa. If you pay via card when using this company cancel your card straight after payment so they cannot take the money the next year, and like wise with a direct debit.

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2011

Exactly the same, they took £450 one week before the insurance was due, we were away when they sent the renewal, we have rang them as we had arranged insurance with another compamy at considerably less!.

Having rang them, we were told \"the monies ie (£450) will be returned to the accout within 4 to 10 days!!! Being told they were \"all above board\". Well I do not think so! If that is the way this company want's to conduct it's business then I will not use them ever again!!. How can they assume the details are the same without having confirmation. Lost post etc, how dare they take money from an account. I have taken this up with the bank and will leave it in their hands.

Although, the bank assure us, we are covered by any \"untoward activevity under our account policy\", which I know we are. That isn't the point!! No one has the right to assume an agreement (which, originally, in essence, was for 12 months, which was the term of the insurance policy.

David1980's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2012

i had similar problem. i was checking online quotes and came across this company. i got through to giving my bank details then skipped back a few pages as i was sure i could find a better deal . Then a few days later they take 2 payments on same day from my account. i did NOT accept insurance or accidently accept i simply hit back. I know once you fill in these forms they can check them which they have done and tryed to force a sale. i since phoned customer services to inform them of the error on their behalf expecting a refund and apology. they admitted taking two £91.61 payments on the same day, one of which was an error. i told them they were both errors and i want both £91.61 payments refunded immediately as i did NOT accept their quote nor did i give them any right to take this..they refused, were cheeky & offered to cancel policy but keep one of the £91.61 amounts and return one. i phoned the day this money was removed from my account. i was online looking at deals 3 days previous to there theft i apparently agreed to. im now left with an empty bank account thanks to them. PLEASE ANYONE CONSIDERING USING THIS COMPANY READ THESE NOTES AS YOU ARE NOT GETTING VALUE AND YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY REGRET IT. did you get refunded the money they robbed off you ? please tell me how as customer services is absolutely useless and unhelpfull.. thanks.. david