Sanotint Light Review

Guest's review of Sanotint Light

Sanotint Light

“I became allergic to PPD back in October 2009 - so...”

Written on: 06/05/2010

I became allergic to PPD back in October 2009 - so when I saw Sanotint Light - PPD free hair dye, I couldnt wait to try it out. I almost didnt carry out a patch test, but thank goodness I did as within 2 hours I had a severe allergic reaction to it. When I showed my dermatologist the list of ingredients, she immediately picked out Resorcinal and Toluene-2, 5-Diamine Sulfate, p-Aminophenol and Diaminotouluene and told me these all contained the exact same chemical of PPD. Since this episode, I have been unable to use any henna products or wash-in wash out ones (was able to previously), so unfortunately for me it looks like I have to embrace going grey.......

I will say I tried to post a review on the "tulipabeauty.com" website just to warn people about it containing the above chemicals but to my surprise my account, along with my review was deleted! Obviously didnt want anyone else knowing this.

Anyway on the positive side, it may work for some people but before you try it, please please make sure you carry out that patch test first!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2011

I reported them to trading standards precisely because of their misleading advertising. Don't think they ever did anything though as they are still selling the stuff as PPD free, which is only half the story as those with a PPD allergy are likely to have an allergy to related chemicals. None of these companies ever print negative reviews!