Pioneer PDS-505 Precision Review

• Sound Quality

chicken-on-a-chain.'s review of Pioneer PDS-505 Precision

Pioneer PDS-505 Precision

“I got a rather good deal on this Pioneer pds505...”

Written on: 04/03/2002 by chicken-on-a-chain. (1 review written)

growl factor of 10

I'm lost

General Comments
I got a rather good deal on this Pioneer pds505 precision CD player-it should have been £460 and I got it for £190 ( the shop made a mistake (HA!)). Only problem I have is what to match it with. It sounds fine with what I have at the moment (Rotel Ra931 amp, Kef coda 9 speakers). I have hauled it round quite a few shops and tried it with many different setups but nothing seems to work as well as it already does.

If anyone has a good starting point I'd love to know.

As for the player...It's great, classic, rock, metal it still gives a good show, the attention to detail is fantastic to the point of distraction, which is its downfall, not a relaxing listen some of the time but it will hammer out a killer tune when you turn the volume up.

The ability to turn the display off is a worthy addition, as is a headphone socket. The unit has a quality feel to it that was lacking in some of the other players around the £400 mark. It also takes the disc upside down which is rather novel.

The only thing I don't like is the remote. It's far too small and I keep losing it down the side of the couch.