Umberto's, Norwich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Umberto's, Norwich

“On special occasions and when we fancy good quality...”

Written on: 05/05/2010

On special occasions and when we fancy good quality Italian food my only choice in Norwich is Umberto's.

Good quality food is hard to come by in Norwich as most of the locals seem to judge a good restaurant by the quantity and not the quality of their meal.

For the discerning lover of good food this restaurant is my first choice.

Umberto regularly travels to Italy and returns with delicacies not available in this country also, he prepares the ingredients personally and sun-dry's he's own tomatoes!

The table wine is of a higher quality than most found in restaurants and the lack of tap water is not an issue for me.

I cannot understand the previous reviews maybe they were looking for the 'stack it high' service.

My wife and I always pay regular visits during the crab and mussel season as Umberto prepares these local delicacies to perfection.

We have always been treated very well the staff I find friendly and have never had any cause for complaint.

• Italian

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Intimate