Schwarzkopf Live Colours Cosmic Blue (90) Review

Guest's review of Schwarzkopf Live Colours Cosmic Blue (90)

Schwarzkopf Live Colours Cosmic Blue (90)

“I have been dying my hair for years and its always...”

Written on: 05/05/2010

I have been dying my hair for years and its always been black. I've used many hair dyes over the years and decided to try this one and this is the worst hair dye I have ever used. I bought cosmic blue instead of the plain old black and wanted that extra tint in there for a change. I bought the dye which was a fair price at £4.99 at Tesco as I've used expensive ones at nearly £10 a box and decided to watch my budget since I re-dye every 7-8 weeks, depending how a fast it fades.

I opened the box and it looked fairly simple, the mixture mixed ok but the problems came when I was applying it. I put a little dye on my hair and it burned like crazy and I'm not even allergic to hair dye and it smells bad, I found it to be very harsh on the scalp and I also have a purple scalp because of staining. It said on the instructions, larther to avoid staining and what liars, it stains really bad, I was scrubbing my skin for nearly 2 hours with rubbing alcohol to get the stain off and my skin was red raw after scrubbing.

I rinsed off the dye put in the conditioner and even though I rinsed my hair for at least 30 minutes, my towel was full of blue/black dye. After I blow dried my hair and straightened it, there was no blue tint in it at all, just black, why call it cosmic blue when there isn't any blue there, pretty stupid really.

I don't have many good things to say about this besides the conditioner makes your hair soft and that's about it. I think I'll pay for the more expensive ones again in the future, yes its expensive but less the hassel!