Sovereign Quiet Garden Shredder 2500W Review

lovemygarden's review of Sovereign Quiet Garden Shredder 2500W

Sovereign Quiet Garden Shredder 2500W

“This weekend I bought the Sovereign 2500w Quiet...”

Written on: 04/05/2010 by lovemygarden (1 review written)

This weekend I bought the Sovereign 2500w Quiet Shredder after discussing my needs with the Homebase assistant who was very helpful although had never used it himself. After setting it up (very easy although quite heavy to lift) and reading the instructions I started shredding. When I checked the box I found NOTHING had shredded, it was just crushed with a few notches in. So I adjusted the plate (with knob on side, very easy to do) but with the same result. I tried adjusting it a bit at a time from wide open to closed up with all thicknesses and types of garden material with the same crushed result. I phoned Homebase who went through it all with me and there was nothing left to try so am returning it. I would add that there was already a returned one in the shop, should've been a warning! The only good thing about it is that it is remarkably quiet. If you want a crusher, fine. If you want a shredder, AVOID!