Orbital Travel, MS Monica Review

Guest's review of Orbital Travel, MS Monica

“Magnificent Monica ”

Written on: 03/05/2010

Magnificent Monica

MS Monica was great, better than I had hoped given all the reviews prior to our departure. I Booked 7days A/I Nile Cruse/2nts H/B Cairo/5nts.A/I Hughada.

On arrival at Luxor Airport an Red Sea Tours representative their All we had to do was get our suitcases and head for designated coach. Fabulous! I have been to Egypt before and all that can be a nightmare after a long flight.

First of all M/S Monica.... was awaiting for our arrival just a few miles from Luxor, a blessing because it is such a noisy place - cabin was booked for us and both were almost as big as any hotel room (not quite enough space to walk past between bottom of bed and wall cabinets) but hay it is as big as I had on an outside cabin on a big cruise liner! We had two giant single beds, lovely little balcony - just right for taking a rest some days and watching all of life on the Nile drift past. More than adequate on wardrobes space too and beautifully fitted bathroom. Clean towels twice a day - how many hotels do you know do that? Food was good although beef was very tough; but this is Egypt! Wine, Red in particular was very drinkable all staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The tipping at the beginning was a great idea and it meant we were free to tip more if we wanted. Doing it earlier did not seem to diminish the food/service. We paid for Visas at this time too.

The tours were just so well organize and good. Early starts to avoid the heat, packed meals were applicable. They do it so well and the guides are just great. We had Hassan the most informative and kindest of men. I took 'Egypt's revenge' and he brought meal and pills to our cabin - he was determined that I wasn't going to miss anything if possible. But thank you everyone on MS MONICA for a wonderful and never to be forgotten cruise!!! Thanks to Red Sea Tours who organize our trip to Egypt we got what you wanted and more!!

• 17/3/2010