Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser Review

Guest's review of Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser

Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser

“I bought my Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser as...”

Written on: 02/05/2010

I bought my Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser as part of a kit from Mothercare in December 2009 (my baby was born in January 2010). In March, the amber stop/start light stopped working and the sterliser sometimes didn't come on when the button was pushed or would sometimes take 15 or 20 minutes before it finished its cycle. I took it back to Mothercare with the original receipt and they happily exchanged it for me. I have the second Steriliser which has now just done exactly the same thing (May 1). I've emailed Tommee Tippee directly this time as I'm not sure if I should take it back to Mothercare again as this is something Tommee Tippee should deal with as it must be some kind of design fault (having just searched the Internet for this problem and finding the previous rating/comment on here). I have to add that apart from the fact that it has let me down twice now, when it was working, I had no problems with it - all my bottles for the day fit in perfectly and it only took 5 minutes for the whole cycle (hence my 3 star rating - if it hadn't broken, I would have rated 5 stars). Although I love all Tommee Tippee products, this is probably the most important one that needs to work properly. I've looked at the microwave version but this only holds 4 bottles (I use 6 each day).