Izumi, Maldon Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

piglet167's review of Izumi, Maldon

“I love Izumi, the variety of food available is just...”

Written on: 02/05/2010 by piglet167 (1 review written)

I love Izumi, the variety of food available is just fantastic! The food is of good quality and they really do have something for everyone. We go there at least once a month as you do get a lot for your money. I have to mention the range of desserts as well, they have a range of cakes on offer which are also unlimited, as well as fruit and ice cream. OH, and banana and apple fritters which are delicious. Obviously by dessert you are full to bursting but I always leave room for it as it's just lovely. The self catering theme of the restaurant makes you feel extremely relaxed and you don't feel bad for truly getting the most out of your money. I feel happy going back for more and more of the delicious food, and because everyone else in the restaurant is doing the same it doesn't feel greedy or rude to do so.

The staff have always been extremely friendly, they smile and say hello and are extremely quick and efficient when clearing your plates. We have had staff be a little TOO efficient in the past and sometimes go to take your plate when you are just resting before indulging in more food, but that's just being picky really.

The only negative issue I have is that the restaurant sometimes becomes a little TOO crowded, and you do kind of feel as though you are eating with the people next to you. The seating is in a very open area so you don't get as much privacy as you may like when eating out. I have found I have had to lower my voice in the past when talking to whoever I am dining with as the people next to you are only around a foot and a half away. It can be very noisy also, which doesn't help when you're trying to lower your voice so the people next to you aren't involved in your conversations..

But in terms of the important factors involved in a restaurant, the food and service is just great. Even thinking about that sweet and sour chicken and apple fritters is making my mouth water. GO TO IZUMI :)

Also, we have not actually tried the Wok and Grill, but we intend to tomorrow when we dine there. It looks fantastic, there's so much choice and the food is made right in front of you.

The only other thing which leaves me feeling a little disappointed after every visit is that I did not have the stomach to stuff my face with even more of all the fabulous dishes they have to offer.

• Chinese

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Lively

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Real User's Response to piglet167's Review

Written on: 26/07/2010

Is this report written by the owners-seems too good to me
<br/>We have eaten there many times is OK but not wonderful