Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton. Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Melkor.'s review of Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton.

“You'll notice from the bad points I listed that it's...”

Written on: 02/03/2002 by Melkor. (1 review written)

Fit and finish are perfect. Just heavy enough to point well. Accurate out to 100 Yards (yes 100 yards). Easy to keep clean, easy to fill, trigger is wonderful.

Slotted screws hold action into stock (I replaced all slotted screws with metric Allen (socket head) screws. Have to take action out of stock to adjust power. (I drilled a hole in the power adjustment cap large enough to insert an allen wrench so I could adjust power). The falcon logo on the stock is a sticker (It would be nice to have a nice brass emblem inlaid into wood).

General Comments
You'll notice from the bad points I listed that it's pretty hard to find anything wrong with the Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton air rifle. Just convenience and cosmetic things (which are easily fixed). My rifle is in .22 caliber and is an export (to the USA) model. It will fire a 21 gr Beeman Kodiak pellet at 890 ft/sec. I can smash clay pidgeons at 100 yards (although I keep it on constant fill for that). I used to shoot for the State of Connecticut Highpower Rifle team and let me tell you this rifle points, handles and shoots as nicely as any "real" rifle I have ever shot or owned. When charged to capacity it always hits it's mark >HARD<. The receiver is grooved for scope rings and you don't need an "AIRGUN" scope because this gun does not have the scope smashing reverse recoil of a spring gun. The trigger is adjustable and breaks as cleanly as glass. There are several silencers available for this gun, I highly recommend getting one; at full charge the report is as loud as a .22 LR. With a silencer all you can hear is the hammer spring fall. All in all I would highly recommend one of these if you have the means.

• Accuracy