Logun Axsor karbine .22 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Crab Doctor's review of Logun Axsor karbine .22

“I bought my Logun Axsor in .177 a couple of months ago...”

Written on: 19/04/2010 by Crab Doctor (2 reviews written)

I bought my Logun Axsor in .177 a couple of months ago and I feel that it is a superb rifle for the money. I paid £200 for mine and I feel it would be virtually impossible to find a better rifle for less money.

Accuracy: Pellet on pellet accurate! I have no problem hitting 8mm fish food pellets at 35 yards (they pop when hit :D) using Webley Accupels. And I have achieved some really good shots on rabbits in the field using Bisley Magnums.

Handling: Weighing just 6.8lb standard or 6.4lb in carbine makes the Axsor easy to carry around the field and more importantly, easy hold steady while taking aim, although I prefer to shoot from a rested position. The balance point is just in front of the trigger so it is very nicely balanced.

Value for money: What can I say? To be honest, judging from the build quality, accuracy and usability I would say that the Logun Axsor is worth more than its RRP so as far as value for money goes, 10/10

Reliability: Cant comment too much on this as I have no idea how old mine is because I bought it S/H but it did have two leaks which were very easy and cheap to fix and it now holds every bar of pressure indefinitely. At one point the spring that indexes the magazine broke but this too was very easy and cheap to fix and I was still able to use the gun while I waited for the part.

At one point my pellets started to jam but I solved this by merely lubricating the magazines, problem solved :D

I do find it a little pellet fussy. Mine performs best with Accupels and Bisley Magnums but Accupels are too light for windy days or shooting pigeons and and Mags too heavy for decent range but that is just my preference. I would like to find something in the middle weight wise but I am still looking. I think I just need to find the best shape pellet skirt to suit the probe.

All in all though I cannot recommend the Logun Axsor enough, really good rifle and I am glad I bought it.

10/10