South Africa, Cape Town, Table Mountain Review

From 1 review

JohnCrawford's review of South Africa, Cape Town, Table Mountain

“Having lived in South Africa for many years, I never...”

Written on: 13/04/2010 by JohnCrawford (34 reviews written)

Having lived in South Africa for many years, I never really looked at going up Table Mountain (based near the Southern most tip of Africa). However when I moved to the UK I found that I really wanted to go there... what a good choice that was!

To go up Table Mountain, you had two options: One climb it (which is not that difficult I'm told) or two, use the cable car. Of course I opted for the cable car. While the cable car ride was not too expensive (about GBP 15.00) I found the shop at the top very expensive. Another small issue I did have was the wait to go up the mountain in the cable car. Of course this would have been the case if I hiked up it though.

However the views that one sees at the top were second to none! The sky was blue and I could honestly see for miles! If you ever go to Cape Town make sure you take the time to go up Table Mountain, you won't regret it.