Center Parcs - Whinfell Forest Review

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Jubblyjue's review of Center Parcs - Whinfell Forest

“We have just returned from a Mon - Fri break, although...”

Written on: 11/04/2010 by Jubblyjue (1 review written)

We have just returned from a Mon - Fri break, although it felt more like a 3 day break as we couldn't check in until 3.30pm on Monday (4.30 by the time we arrived at lodge due to traffic in park) and had to check out by 10.00am on Friday. This was our first trip to Center Parcs and in future, we will prepare a holdall with swimming gear in so that we can make the most of the first day. We stayed in an executive lodge, although the lodge itself was spacious and comfortable, the cleaning was not as it should have been. We called the local diner to order a takeaway on the first evening and I had to blow off a pile of dust to dial the number. The food from the takeaway was twice the price of a Chinese at home and nowhere near as nice. Anyway, ramble over, overall I did love the surroundings of our lodge and spent numerous hours sat at my patio door feeding ducks (two of which became regular visitors to our lodge and used to tap on the window to be fed), numerous species of birds (who seemed remarkably tame) red squirrels, and pheasents......this to me was heaven!!!!!

There was numerous actvities for smaller children but nighttime activities for my son (14) were lacking.

We found the supermarket on site quite limited for a full weeks supplies and quite pricey. My husband knew of a local Morrisons but when we returned and asked to drive on site for 5 minutes to unload, we were told 'no' and had to lug numerous bags of heavy shopping up a very steep hill. We understand why they don't allow cars on site but my husband thought that it was just another ploy to get you to spend more money on site.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, but would like to return without kids next time to make the most of the peacefull surroundings.

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

• Yes - Extra Cost

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?

• Quality of accommodation

• Quality of food

• Staff

• Children's entertainment

• Adult entertainment

Ikmira's Response to Jubblyjue's Review

Written on: 08/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I was unsure about the grocery situation. We might take a suitcase on wheels to transport the shopping from the car to the lodge now!!!

Raefil's Response to Jubblyjue's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

Got back recently from Whinfell, lovely place but yes the shopping situation from car park to accomodation is a nightmare. My suggestion is to to take a shopping bag with wheels, makes it a lot easier.

Even though it was hard work I love the fact vehicles are not allowed on site, with a family Im not sitting worried that they are going to get hit by a boy racer or BMW/Audi driver ;-)