Bosch ART26 Combtrim Electric Strimmer Review

Guest's review of Bosch ART26 Combtrim Electric Strimmer

Bosch ART26 Combtrim Electric Strimmer

“I bought it (Bosch ART26) before I read the online...”

Written on: 06/04/2010

I bought it (Bosch ART26) before I read the online reviews which would've put me off. I bought it to do a large patch of grass we call a lawn which is lumpy and full of coarse grass tufts and ivy, and it coped really well, using the heavy duty line. Aim it down at a sort of angle and you can even cut through to the soil to break up big clumps. I accidently chopped off a staghorn sumac sucker too :( but I'm still on the same piece of string 30mins later :). Having said that, the instruction manual is rubbish and just a bunch of diagrams, which fail to say how far the black surround bit should be pushed down (further than a gentle push, so the string clears the underside fully- is this why so many of you are breaking the string so frequently?), which is why we broke 2 strings on contact with just a tiny dandelion until we figured it out! I'm not sure I'd bother using the normal thin line after reading the other reviews. I liked the finger switch- much more comfy than the full hand deadmans switches. It adjusts heights and angles well. I realise now that other models come with wheels which I would've got if I'd've known, to do the flat lawn bits.

I found it really heavy to use for more than 15 mins though, and hard work on the arms. And it doesn't come with a cord tidy. The stringchange spool is extremely difficult to get out again. I hope it lasts more than a year...