Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com Review

jordan1971's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“I really don't know where to start on this. After...”

Written on: 06/04/2010 by jordan1971 (1 review written)

I really don't know where to start on this. After taking me more than a month to set up our company's cycle to work scheme and numerous phone conversations where I could never get hold of the right person and they never bother to call me back. Then one of my colleagues forwarded a cheque to them by RM recorded delivery signed by them, then they claimed that they never received it the cheque was also cashed. We tried to complain, I send a number of emails to their customer service department, they didn't even bother to reply. Eventually I ordered a bike through them, first they couldn't get the colour I wanted so they offered me an ex display bike with no discount whatsoever telling me it's company's policy. When eventually I got the bike from them it was so badly assembled that I had to tighten and readjust gears, mudguards etc. myself. Now there is a fault with the bike's gears less than a year and with less than 200 miles on the bike and they want to charge me to fix it as apparently it's not covered by the warranty. If this is the case I rather fix it at an independent shop I dealt with before and had only good experience with. Almost every single one of my colleagues experienced some sort of a problem with their order with Evans. I am now recommending to our HR to remove them as a supplier and hope other companies will follow suit.

• £650