Written on: 03/04/2010
Ok, I have used two tubs of this stuff recently and had serious doubt as to whether it would work or not. Well generally it did. The 1st tub I used I didnt employ the best techniques so had to work that little bit harder to srape it off. However the second time I read the reviews online and learnt from my mistakes. So to help you all out I thought i would pass on my advice;
1) If you have gloss paint on the artex forget it it will not work.
2) Make sure you score the textured finish before applying the X-Tex.
3) Once applied to the wall, cover it in cling film and leave over night for best results. (easier to scrape off)
4) Cover your floors as it is messy and can become quite sticky.
5) I found that using a wood chisel was the most effective way of removing the textured coating as it came of cleanly and right down to the plaster.
Overall, I think this is a very good product. although it is pretty expensive at £23.00 for 2.5 litres. I will use it again no worries.
As rated by real users
" Dulux Satinwood Awful. " Read More
" What good service " Read More
" Terrible paint! " Read More
" Not as described " Read More
Written by Billybluetwo
" Crown Indulgence - Terrible " Read More