Written on: 03/04/2010
Ok, I have used two tubs of this stuff recently and had serious doubt as to whether it would work or not. Well generally it did. The 1st tub I used I didnt employ the best techniques so had to work that little bit harder to srape it off. However the second time I read the reviews online and learnt from my mistakes. So to help you all out I thought i would pass on my advice;
1) If you have gloss paint on the artex forget it it will not work.
2) Make sure you score the textured finish before applying the X-Tex.
3) Once applied to the wall, cover it in cling film and leave over night for best results. (easier to scrape off)
4) Cover your floors as it is messy and can become quite sticky.
5) I found that using a wood chisel was the most effective way of removing the textured coating as it came of cleanly and right down to the plaster.
Overall, I think this is a very good product. although it is pretty expensive at £23.00 for 2.5 litres. I will use it again no worries.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Try painting outside in the right conditions " Read More
Written by Duane.young
" Shocking Customer Service - and no-one seems to care. " Read More
" Avoid at all costs! " Read More
" Never ever use this paint " Read More
" DO NOT BUY PAINT FROM DIY STORES IT'S NOT THE SAME " Read More
Written by PAINTERMAN1