iCandy Apple Review

Guest's review of iCandy Apple

iCandy Apple

“I did a lot of research before we eventually settled...”

Written on: 27/03/2010

I did a lot of research before we eventually settled upon buying an icandy Apple. It looked great, felt very sturdy (yet light) and most importantly it would convert into a double buggy as we planned to have another baby soon after the first.

We firstly bought the 2 small wheels for the front and after 4 months of using these I decided to turn it into a 3 wheeler and within 9 months we had experienced the below...

1. After 10 days of using the carrycot part the hood broke so I returned to the shop and they sent it away to Icandy for inspection where they tried to tell me that I broke this and they were going to charge me around £45.00 to fix. This was leaving me without a buggy and cot for my newborn and was away for 2 weeks! After many discussions that you don't need with a newborn the shop decided to pay Icandy for the repair.

2. The tyres are very worn already and I don't walk that much, and I have had 2 punctures which we patched ourselves and are looking to buy new inner tubes. More expense .

3. The small wheels were useless, great when going around shops on a smooth surface but hit a pot hole it comes to a sudden stop and many of times I have nearly tipped my baby out. Also going up lowered kerbs are a nighmare. Hence buying the Jogger wheel to turn into a 3 wheeler leading to point 4.

4.The front tyre rubs on the basket and will eventually wear right through the fabric. I believe icandy normally agreed to replace this but it doesn't exactly solve the problem.

5. The raincover has ripped after using this about a max of 10 times as this only attached to the bottom when the buggy is facing you meaning when it is a windy day and the wind gets under the hood it blows it right off. This could easily be solved with some eyelets and elastic.

6. It's very unstable when you are on a hill and are going sideways. If you don't have a good hold when you are moving it tips to the side. I had my child at the park on another windy day and it actually blew over with my child inside, leading me to write a complaint to Icandy about how appalled I am about this product.

7. When testing it in the shop it felt light weight but it is very bulky and a heavy pram to constantly put into your boot and out again

8. When you are trying to take your baby back from the reclining position back up to sitting they have designed it in such a way you need 3 hands to push both buttons and push it back up, hence I use my knee to complete the task.

I am just so angry that I paid all this money for something I hate so much and currently looking for another buggy and will have to start to save again.

• Travel Systems