Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

Mendy Brendy's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“I have already left one review for eco solutions x-tex...”

Written on: 27/03/2010 by Mendy Brendy (12 reviews written)

I have already left one review for eco solutions x-tex artex remover but having bought more and used it to strip 3 other ceilings I wanted to reinforce my recommendations for this fantastic product.

Our artex pattern was sponge-applied swirls so what I did was knock off the points by pushing the blade of my long arm scraper through them; this also serves to allow the X-tex through the paint coat to soften the artex.

As with previous applications, the X-tex was applied with a large brush and fairly generously but not TOO generous as I wanted to try and make it stretch to do the stairs too.

I left it for about an hour or two and then got to work. I had invested in a bigger, 6" wide long handled scraper since the last job so as to make even lighter work of the task. With a nice new sharp blade the process of removing the artex was a doddle (relatively speaking) and not too time consuming.

I did manage to have enough left over to do my stairwell ceiling though I was having to spread it on quite thinly at the end and it did start drying up quickly but I finished the job to my wife's immense satisfaction.

One final tip, keep a plant sprayer on hand to damp down where some areas of the X-tex might had dried, it rehydrates the product and will soften the artex again. The plant sprayer will be handy for finishing off too, if you mix a spoonful of X-tex with a cupful of water until dispersed and then dilute down to fill the spray bottle, you can use this to spray on the final few stubborn areas.

If any of the dissatisfied customers have any of their X-tex left over, I will gladly take it off your hands!