Avira Antivirus Review

• Quality

friedemann's review of Avira Antivirus

Avira Antivirus

“I am using the free stuff.Tried Norton(which really...”

Written on: 24/03/2010 by friedemann (1 review written)

I am using the free stuff.Tried Norton(which really slowed down my PC), tried AVG(also slow), Avast(don't like looks and lack of speed) where I could not surf at the same time. I had AVG and monitor was giving me trouble, I was suspecting AV program had something to do with it...downloaded Avira 9 personal and that program found: 3 viruses that AVG was sitting on AND asked me if I wanted the monitor settings reset"for it sensed that they were off". (I had only been fighting with the screwy monitor kaliadascope for over a year) sometimes it was OK and sometimes not. So I said with a surprise "Yes". Never had a problem since.

I have used other programs to check for viruses in my computer after running Avira for awhile(like Kasperisky, and Norton and AVG). They come up with nothing. That is all I want.

I do run individual programs to detect "spyware and adware and trojans" (because they are not viruses) Never had to reformat my computer and reload OS in 10 years. Of course you can set this thing differently from the default setting and I have set it near "paranoid"(which slows it down a bit).

As with any AV program, it is only good if the site is maintained and still in operation. These guys are. Sure there is a popup of advertisement(after all they are out to sell the product as well)No anti-virus program catches all the viruses because virus writers are trying to write a different code. And until that code is identified as a virus, the AV company will assume they got everything to date. They cannot pre-write an antivirus code. That is like the doctor giving you medication because they know you will have this particular sickness 3 months in the future. Same deal.

They have indicated that Avira 10 is now available so I will be moving up to that right after I finish writing this.

Janeyb27's Response to friedemann's Review

Written on: 05/08/2010

I found this review very helpful because... to be quite honest i am baffled by what anti virus to get and do I pay or get the free one, this has been helpful to me and I am going to the site to try it