Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton. Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

BigFishTom.'s review of Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton.

“I purchased the Raptor Lighthunter air rifle. As...”

Written on: 26/02/2002 by BigFishTom. (1 review written)

Supremely Accurate
Bang on the UK power limit straight out of the box with heavy weight Bisley Magnum's or H&N Trophies.

The supposed best pellet Crosman Premiers drop the power by almost 3/4 ft lb

General Comments
I purchased the Raptor Lighthunter air rifle. As mentioned by others it is a sexy looking piece of kit, but that isn't everything. To be honest the salesman @ uttings did a good job on me (and being a salesman myself I am easily suckered) and I didn't need anything like this. I am new to air rifles and completely ignored all sensible advice about looking around and went straight out and purchased the Lighthunter, logun lamp and Simmons Super Nightview sights!!! "Crazy Fool" you shout. Hell no, this is a great piece of kit. Since starting I have joined a number of clubs and a friendly farmer allows me to do a bit of pest control for him. Several experienced gunners have told me that purchasing this lot was my best bet as an inferior combo would have ended up with me changing in a year anyway.

My Falcon was chronying at about 11.26ftlb with Crosman Premiers. With H & N Trophies I get right to the UK limit, chuck in Bisley Magnum's (which shouldn't really work well in a UK limited weapon and I just push the 12lb mark with a gun off the shelf.

Even in my novice hands this gun is supremely accurate, easily plinking the knot of wood on an old pallet at over 30 yards. Rats just roll over and put their legs in the air, but the bunnies still have the edge on me! My attempts at stealth usually end up with cotton tails dashing down burrows.

I'd recommend this gun to any purchaser, however if you are new to these little babies see an expert first.....

...Unlike me!!! I am off to get a few tips down my local range.

• Accuracy