La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

zagazoo's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“Avoid. Clunky website. Half of order out of stock...”

Written on: 16/03/2010 by zagazoo (2 reviews written)

Avoid. Clunky website. Half of order out of stock despite showing available on website. No opportunity to cancel the rest of the order.

I placed a one-off internet order on laredoute.co.uk. The site seemed very clunky, hard to navigate and counter-intuitive (especially compared to sites like boden, amazon etc) but I persevered as the childrens clothes looked so cute and different compared to the usual UK high street offerings.

My order was for 4 items and there was a £3.99 delivery charge. A few days later, I received an email to say one of the items was out of stock. Almost a week later another email to say a second item was out of stock. There was no other information on the order ie. status of other goods, current total. After the second email I thought it might not be worth paying delivery charge for just one or two items so tried to cancel. Customer services staff said it was too late to cancel (only 6 days after initial order and on the same day as 2nd out of stock email) as one item was already waiting to be packed for despatch. I pointed out that it wasn't worth my while to pay £3.99 delivery for a £2.40 t-shirt. I think there should be an opportunity to review the order if you find out half of it isn't in stock.

My options are to refuse delivery of the order claiming my right to cancel under UK Distance Selling Regulations or to accept the order and avoid this company in future.

This company in general and their ordering processes and customer service seem dated, inefficient and inadequate. Nothing like the service and flexibility that customers expect now.

• childrens clothes, £24