Mizuno MP-33 Review

Guest's review of Mizuno MP-33

Mizuno MP-33

“I found my MP-33's on craigslist for a steal about two...”

Written on: 15/03/2010

I found my MP-33's on craigslist for a steal about two years ago; I, too, bought into the "these are for low handicappers only" rhetoric, having researched the difference between Mizunos and every other club on the market. They were exactly as they came from the factory (Golf Pride Tour Velvet, Dynamic Gold S300, standard loft/lie.) Having worked part-time at Golf Galaxy for about a year, I knew the importance of getting fitted for clubs (or having the clubs fitted for me, actually.) Turns out, they were just right as they were; a few trips to the driving range proved that it was truly the indian, not the arrows. The bad shots were rewarded with a stinging hand (like a nun with a ruler), and the pured shots were obscenely sweet and solid; I could feel the clubface through my hand. That's kind of hard to describe, but that's the most accurate description I can think of for the sensation of a sweetspot shot with the MP33's. Now, I'm a high handicapper; these clubs are the best source of swing and ball contact feedback that you could ever use. A set of these and a few sessions with a good certified PGA pro, and your wife will become a golf widow; your buddies will keep asking you to use your clubs; the guys at the driving range will slow down a little as they pass your golf bag to have a look; you'll tee up a ball and point your club down the fairway just like Babe Ruth with a bat. Plain and simple: if you want to become a ball-striker (or become a better ball-striker), get a set of these. There is no better investment you can make in golf than a top-shelf set of clubs...

Al Riutort's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I also have mp33 clubs and have been told that I should move to cavity backs. I bought R7s but they seem clunky compared to the MP33s. Also, I was told that the MP33 were for low handicappers. But I like the feel, the feedback when you hit a good shot (its like a hot knife through butter), the way they look and line up, and they seem a lot more accurate, especially for touch shots near the green.