Petite Star Zia Review

Petite Star Zia

“Pram Lady ”

Written on: 13/03/2010

Pram Lady

I purchased the petite star zia after having had enough of the mamas and papas luna. The luna was a dream to push, but a nightmare to fold and fit in the car boot, the attached footmuff ended up dirty as when folded it dragged on the ground.

The petite star ticked all the boxes of what we required in a pushchair.

First: safety, which is very important for every child. The petite star zia has the 5 point harness which held my grandaughter in, unlike the lunas floating harness. We tried it in babies r us with my grandaughter in it, before buying it.

Second: Height of handles, we are only 5ft and many pushchairs we have had the handles are too high for comfort. The petite star zia's handles are just the right height.

Third: size, we required it to fit in the car boot with ease, which it does (unlike the luna)

We read all the reviews but decided to try this out for ourselves, as every mum has had problems with different brand pushchairs. Plus every mum has different likes and dislikes in a pushchair.

We have had it for 6 months now and have had no problems with wheels falling off and we use this everyday. We have had no problems with it tipping over as some reviews have stated. We do not put shopping bags on the handles as this should not be done with any pushchair, they are not designed for that. It can be pushed with ease even one handed, folds very easily and really compact for small car boots.

The only negative things I would say is the pushchair basket is very small, and hard to reach if the child is lying flat. Also, the footmuff is a bit small for a child over 12-13 months, but having said that, the luna footmuff was no good for my grandaughter who is 18 months, so not any different to any other brand.

All pushchairs have their good and bad points, don't let others put you off trying a particular pushchair because they have had "problems". I am so glad I tried this pushchair as I love it. My daughter has now taken it to use and I have bought another in the blue shade for my grandson.

I would defo recommend this to a friend and would give it 5 stars. If you want this pushchair, I suggest you do what we did, go to babies r us and try it out for yourselves before purchasing, this way you can get an idea of how the pushchair handles before buying it.

• 3 Wheeler