Select: Escan Anti-Virus Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Select: Escan Anti-Virus

Select: Escan Anti-Virus

“I tested several anti-virus and I keep testing them....”

Written on: 11/03/2010

I tested several anti-virus and I keep testing them. It includes FREE and PAID versions from my Colleagues and Friends. I personally tested:

-AVG

-TrendMicro

-CalmWin

-QuickHeal

& E-Scan

Let me tell you all ant-virus have some problem with them. It depends upon Users needs and look out also. I tried to keep myself TOTALLY UNBIASED with tests and results. Finally I agreed that E-scan have edge over others. It showed me 99.10% of Detection and Cleaning Rate (I am not saying Deletion. This term is totally different).

The worst was QuickHeal. You don't need so much Aggressive and MAD anti-virus that it will directly delete any file which is infected. (What if its a system file?). Yeah that's why QuickHeal sucks and then it hangs.

Anti-virus should try to clean file first then move it to Quarantine and then DELETE. It should not over-ride user settings of this just because it thinks the virus it detected is VERY DANGEROUS.

Theft identity was best stopped by e-scan.

USB device handling was great with password to access.

It has everything and more than you ever imagined. ITS THE BEST.

But at two places it may make you mad. e-scan creates lots of BACKUP FILES while cleaning and checking in FBackup folder and very less people knows about it. You need to disable it and delete that data or in some days it will go beyond 5 GB. Its true!!! Search your system for it. Then go to e-scan site for its disabling procedures.

Other thing can be yeah... it makes system little slow. But which anti-virus does not? When you install an anti-virus you think great SPEED. But after some duration and updates, every software slows down. IT APPLIES TO EVERY SOFTWARE.

So this is all. If I found something extra will let you know.

Regards.