Google Nexus One Review

• Reception

• Style

Guest's review of Google Nexus One

Google Nexus One

“I've been using the Nexus One for about a month now...”

Written on: 09/03/2010

I've been using the Nexus One for about a month now and i thought it was about time to write a review.

Up until a month ago i was using an iPhone 3G but i have to say that i'm not really missing it. The iPhone has pretty much become a glorified app and music device. Like all phones, the Nexus One has it good and bad points.

The Good

- Android is a fantastic operating system and with it you can get a new phone overnight. That's the beauty of Android. One day there's no pinch control to zoom in, then BLAM, the next day you have completely new functionality.

- The handset is of very high quality build and it just feels good in your hand.

-The OLED screen is beautiful and is extremely crisp and vibrant.

- The 5mp camera takes a brilliant photo and is accompanied by a flash and zoom functionality

- The little touches on the Nexus One are great. Just for starters is the new alert bar you can drag down to see new texts, calendar appointments, downloads, updates, etc etc

- The touch functionality is, in my opinion just as good as the iPhone (having used an iPhone for the best part of 18 months)

- The Nexus One is super, super fast.

The Bad

- Some of the keyboard layout can be a little frustrating. For example, when i type a message i find myself accidentally pressing the 'home' button instead of the space bar.

- The phone can be a little temperamental at times, quitting programmes and dropping signal etc. There have been complaints of loss of data connection but i haven't had too much evidence of this

- The battery isn't great, but unlike the iPhone i've been able to buy a spare battery and whack it in whenever i need. It seems that playing music (Spotify) absolutely drains the battery. A 40 minute trip to work, took my fully charged phone down 20% in battery.

- It's true, the app store isn't as populated as Apple's, but to be honest, i really don't find myself wanting for any more apps. The Android Marketplace has most of the things i need, it is lacking in some games, and perhaps the only app i miss using is the National Rail app.....but that's it.

Overall - This is a great phone and one that i'm sure will last me a while, simply due to Android. It has everything i want that the iPhone was lacking, including a decent camera.

Tigerandyx9's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am in the dilema of choosing btw this one and the iPhone when I might update one of my Nokias at the end of the year... I will look for an unlocked phone to use worldwide, changing chips in several countries, which I do with my N95 and E51