Hewlett Packard Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Hewlett Packard

Hewlett Packard

“I bought a Hewlett Packard notebook and I have...”

Written on: 24/02/2010

I bought a Hewlett Packard notebook and I have regretted it ever since. I deliberately spent a decent amount of money on it to try and ensure that I had a quality product. The one that I picked was a DV51110EM, which has a blue-ray DVD player. If I had rated this when I first purchased it I would have given it a good rating. It looks very nice and was easy to set up.

However, less than a year on it is unusable. It appears to be poorly made as more and more things just keep going wrong with it.

First, it overheats regularly and just turns off as a result. You have to wait till it cools down before you use it. Forget playing any games, if there is a disc in it overheats very quickly.

Second, the screen keeps cutting off, you have to wiggle it forward and backwards till it gets a proper picture than you can see. That lasts for a few minutes before you have to do it again.

Third, the keyboard appears to be cheaply made. What was pretty shiny keys to begin with, turn out to be extremley flimsy and fall off.

Fourth, forget getting any help under your warranty. Apart from a replacement fan, which, I have yet to check if it has fixed the problem of overheating. The rest has been classed as 'accidental damage'. I can assure you this is not the case. Yes it has been used regularly over the last 11 months, but definitely not damaged. The only way not to damage it is not to use it. I do not expect a laptop to last forever, but definitely at the price I paid, more than a year. My advice - NEVER BUY HEWLETT PACKARD!!!

• Quality