River Island www.riverisland.com Review

Guest's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“The absolute WORST of the worst!! Shop very regularly...”

Written on: 23/02/2010

The absolute WORST of the worst!! Shop very regularly at river island stores and have never had a problem, customer service is fine, always willing to help. HOWEVER, ordered online for the first time recently and will NEVER order again. As I have wanted a belt for a while now that has never been available to buy in my local store, I decided to order online. However, as I think the postage charge is quite hefty, and refused to pay £3.95 to have just one belt delivered, I decided to order some other items to sweeten the blow! I then log on to my account, only to find out that the belt- which is the only reason I ordered online in the first place, has been cancelled! All other items are 'awaiting dispatch', which isn't good for me since I only ordered them to sweeten the £3.95 I had to pay for delivery, and I could have gotten them from a local store which I prefer to do anyway!

No communication from river island to inform me that my product has been cancelled.

So I rang customer services, got through to a very snotty advisor, who was less than happy to help! I explained the matter and she then basically said 'the website says subject to availability' Which is fair enough, however all throughout the ordering process the belt was 'in stock', and to make matters worse, the belt is still coming up as 'in stock' a truly terrible system, with the lowest standards of customer service I have EVER encountered. Fair enough I maybe shouldn't have ordered those extra items and then if the belt wasn't in stock I wouldn't have this problem as the whole order would have just been cancelled, but seriously, who would think that ordering a £12.99 belt and paying £3.95 for delivery was good value for money? that takes the belt up to nearly £17! So I'm sure anyone else who wants good value would probably do the same? Surely once they realise that your item isn't in stock, even if it is after you have ordered and paid, they could send you an email to double check you still want to proceed with your order. What about people who are ordering a full outfit? It can be hard enough to find things to match in the first place, so what is the point in them sending you say, a pair of jeans, when the top you thought was going to match isn't in stock! you'd either have to trek back to take the jeans back, or trail around trying to find a suitable match! which defeats the object of paying a hefty £3.95 to have an outfit delivered!!

• Belt £12.99 (Online)