Binatone Carrera A350 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Guest's review of Binatone Carrera A350

Binatone Carrera A350

“I can't understand the positive reviews for this sat...”

Written on: 20/02/2010

I can't understand the positive reviews for this sat nav.

It takes FOREVER for this unit to get a signal - so if you buy it, make sure you're never in a hurry to get anywhere (I live in London, by the way, not the Hebrides).

Also if for any reason you cannot take the route it suggests, the words "CALCULATING ROUTE" pop up, and the screen freezes for ages while it decides on an alternative direction.

When this happens, the best you can say about it is that it is frustrating and time-wasting. At worst it is seriously dangerous.

I have at times GUESSED my way to my destination before this thing has re-calculated its route.

The instructions it gives can be infuriatingly vague - I have learned to accept that when I am on the motorway and the sat nav says "In 500 yards, keep to the left," it sometimes means "In 500 yards, take the exit on the left." Sometimes, not always.

I also have to be alert for phrases like "In 200 yards, keep to the left, then keep to the right," which to be honest can mean absolutely anything and can result in me crossing lanes of traffic then crossing back again.

Yesterday I was so close to throwing this sat nav out of the window. But I guess you get what you pay for. Absolutely rubbish.

• UK