Chime Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

reviewkitten's review of Chime

Chime

Chime is a puzzle game available on the Xbox Live...”

Written on: 18/02/2010 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

Chime is a puzzle game available on the Xbox Live Arcade for a tiny 400 points (about £4).

Reminisant of the old Spears Multipuzzle (it's probably on ebay) me and my brother played when we were kids combined with Tetris and some of the best electronic music producers out there, including Paul Hartnoll (Orbital), Phillip Glass, Fred Deakin (Lemonjelly), Markus Schulz and Moby. I was hooked after my first go at the trial game.

To explain you have a grid and pieces that appear like shaped like Spears Multipuzzle pieces and you have to create quads and attempt to fill the grid. You have a time limit of 3, 6 or 9 minutes plus the most brilliant aspect of the game, the fact that the song developes as you fill more areas of the grid or create quads. You end up creating unique remixes of songs. I could easily find myself playing Chime for hours, it's highly addictive.

Oh and a another brilliant point is that 60% of the money paid goes to charity...how cool is that?

• Graphics