Petite Star Zia Review

JoLuJa's review of Petite Star Zia

Petite Star Zia

“The Petite Star Zia.....WELL!!!! This pushchair is...”

Written on: 15/02/2010 by JoLuJa (2 reviews written)

The Petite Star Zia.....WELL!!!! This pushchair is utter rubbish!!! Do not waste your money on it! Having had 3 children and gone through 2 Maclaren strollers, 2 3 wheelers, a Graco travel system and a Micralite stroller i have to say this is without a doubt the worst buggy i have ever wasted my money on!

I bought a Micralite Stroller for my son at 4 months and decided it was time for a change now he is 16 months. I had a little push of my friends' Zia as her child is the same age and she likes hers. i thought it seemed ok and i bought one!

At first i found it horrific to push - i was so used to the ease with which the micralite moved that i allowed myself time to get used to it. My husband is 6ft and could not push it AT ALL! He hated it. I also found i couldn't push with 1 hand - not even resting the 2nd hand on top while i answered my phone.

The cosytoes they sell to do with it is very small - ok for up to 12months i would say - so i bought a buggysnuggle. The raincover did not cover my son very well at all - fine on a smaller child i think, not on a toddler!

I also found it was harder to put up! not in a "you need a degree" kind of way but remembering to straighten the pull up bar - i am used to a "throw up" kind of buggy.

Anyway, i persisted. The lie back facility isn't great, my son kept pulling forward in the upright position and could then easily get his arms out - he has never even attempted this before!!

A lot of people say its fab because of how small it is - YES is it short when folded but it is wide! I would say it requires more space than a stroller!

I would never hang any bags on it - it goes feel stable but i wouldn't risk it!!

And, for me, the final straw which made me sell mine and go back to a Maclaren Stroller (the best pushchair for a toddler) - the stupid basket!! you can not get anything in or out of it when the child is in it!!! I bought 4 pints of milk and - in the pouring rain - could not get it under it!! GRRRR!

Avoid this buggy! Buy a Maclaren stroller for £50 on ebay and save yourself £50 which you can put towards a nice bag or shoes for yourself!!!

• Strollers