Minolta Dimage 5 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Richard W.Brown.'s review of Minolta Dimage 5

“I have tried very hard to get a redeye shot with this

Written on: 21/02/2002 by Richard W.Brown. (1 review written)

I have only had it a few days and I already agree with the majority of owners in that I am a a proud owner.The spec is as described which is why I bought it.

I have already broken the lens cover which I forgot to remove when removing the glare visor. The plastic cover over the DC in and Video out sockets is loose and annoyingly keeps getting in the way of my fingers. The only spec disappointment to date is the Macro. 13 centimeters is way down the league of Digital Cameras.

General Comments
I have tried very hard to get a redeye shot with this Minolta dimage 5 digital camera and, to date, have failed. This gives me confidence when taking any shots using flash. I love taking nature shots, birds, bees, butterflies, all on the wing etc.,and use a tripod. But the lack of a remote is annoying. Dimage 7 and 5 do not have that facility. It means basically that I have to be hovering behind the camera to take the picture and that rules out 90% of shots. Why is it that Minolta is so mean with memory? When I bought my first digital 2 years ago, memory was very expensive and 16 mb was all I could afford. It is now at its cheapest yet Minolta along with other manufacturers supply only 16mb. Surely they could buy in bulk at a fraction of the price we can and supply with something approaching 48 or least 32mb.?

• Image Quality

36459_David.'s Response to Richard W.Brown.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2002

I have bought a DiMAGE 5 as well, I think you will find that there are 2 cable releases available (long and short) not sure about a wireless remote, I have a feeling that I saw something about one when I was looking for a compatible flashgun. (not found one yet, if anybody has please let us know). So far no problems with my macro/nature shots, but then I have not tried anything really small as a subject yet.