CompuCover www.compucover.co.uk Review

• Customer service

Guest's review of CompuCover www.compucover.co.uk

“I originally made a claim for a broken screen when I...”

Written on: 10/02/2010

I originally made a claim for a broken screen when I dropped my machine which was repaired no problem. I then made a claim with compucover as my machine was indicating no memory when it should have had loads. As it is carried around in my bag I thought that it may have been damaged in transit. Compucover didn't want to know and then reluctantly agreed to look at it. It was sent in working order. They contacted me and told me that it was a component failure and not covered under the terms of the agreement and they then sent it back. I thought that I would use it as a back up system but when I tried to fire it up, it wouldn't work at all. They never once told me that it was broken and are now still telling me that it is a component failure even though it is now totally broken. I really empathise with the person with the acer laptop. On their site they say that they are protecting against fraud. Who is being dishonest here?

Have you made a claim?