AlphaRooms- www.alpharooms.com Review

Guest's review of AlphaRooms- www.alpharooms.com

“I had the misfortune to book an apartment via this...”

Written on: 02/02/2010

I had the misfortune to book an apartment via this company last week and for the reasons detailed below I would advise anyone considering using this company to book elsewhere. One of the key dependencies for independent travellers booking their own hotels, flights and transfers is that they can rely on each of the suppliers involved to fulfil their contract and provide their component of the holiday. Having scoured the Internet for a week taking into account alternative travel dates, traveller reviews on various sites, hotel locations and amenities and most importantly price to get the best deal on flights and accommodation I chose and booked an apartment through Alpharooms with a supporting flight from Thompsons. Following my online booking I received a confirmation invoice by E-Mail followed by an Accommodation Voucher and the next day a letter confirming that I was "all booked up". The following morning I received an E-Mail from Alpharooms advising me that they had made a mistake in the price which was displayed on the web site (which was displayed for a number of days) and that they would not be providing the accommodation I had booked and paid for. As an alternative I they said that I could either pay another £200, take an alternative apartment in a lower grade out of resort complex or have a refund (I opted for the refund and went back to my regular supplier TravelRepublic to make an alternative booking). As this issue was solely due to an error on Alpharooms part I (and I assume most other people) would assume that Alpharooms would take the hit and and as a gesture of good faith / best practice provide the accommodation requested at the price quoted, unfortunately this is not the case quite the contrary they simply stated that they were within their rights to cancel and had no intention of offering me any form of compensation. Apparently they make a habit of this type of mistake so much so that their terms and conditions allow them to cancel contracts whenever they publish incorrect details. In my eyes this makes Alpharooms an unacceptable provider in this type of market and I will not be using them again.

Visit alpharooms.com