Dahon Espresso Review

Chris Gilbert's review of Dahon Espresso

Dahon Espresso

“I have been using my espresso for a couple of years...”

Written on: 02/02/2010 by Chris Gilbert (2 reviews written)

I have been using my espresso for a couple of years now, riding 100 miles a week (except when I am too tired and jump on the train). This is a fantastic bike - really well made for the price, a pleasure to ride and capable of very fast speeds (wind allowing!)

Downside is that some of the parts needed replacing earlier than I would expect (the gear shifter completely broke after a couple of months, the seat post pump has broken twice - the first time I got a replacement from Dahon no problem, the second time I didn't bother - I prefer not having to align the seat correctly after every puncture anyway).

One thing to be aware of is that this doesn't fold really small like a brompton - if you are commuting by train this is really a token gesture to the ridiculous bike ban rules, so on busy trains it can be a bit of a hassle.

Croft73's Response to Chris Gilbert's Review

Written on: 19/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it explained what it's like to use on a daily basis - warts and all.