Weihrauch HW 75 Review

Guest's review of Weihrauch HW 75

“The HW75 is an well made, accurate single shot...”

Written on: 01/02/2010

The HW75 is an well made, accurate single shot pneumatic that will last as long as you do. It's not a high power pistol at barely 2.5lb/ft, having about half the power of the popular HW45, but it's virtually recoilless and less hold sensitive. I love the 45 (I have one in .22) and enjoy the challenge of it's unusual recoil, but I've not used it much since picking this up. The grip is fantastic (I have large hands and find the standard 45 grip a little narrow), the trigger is light and adjustable and the centre of gravity spot on for target use, though I cheat and use two hands....

I've a nasty suspicion that the much cheaper HW40 is just as accurate and well made, but I love the look of the 75 and the all-metal construction. I'm not much of a shot but can get consistent sub-1 inch groups at 10m. I shoot Hobbys and Meisters, would be interested to hear of any other pellet recommendations.