Naturediet Pet Foods Review

Guest's review of Naturediet Pet Foods

“My border collie LOVED this product (for 2 and a half...”

Written on: 01/02/2010

My border collie LOVED this product (for 2 and a half years), until we started having problems with both the dog and the food. We bought the food in multiple boxes and initially we had problems with the chicken smelling rancid (nothing to do with our storage as it was from the day we bought it). More recently, we had 4 boxes of turkey that smelled so bad that we didn't have the heart to feed it to him. A sample sent to Naturediet was said to be fine, making refunds a problem, but I still couldn't bring myself to feed it to him. We also had problems with him having mucous on his poo, and more recently accidents during the night. Eventually at the recommendation of the vet in November 09, we changed him to IAMS and his problems vanished from the day we changed him over. I don't want to believe the Naturediet was at fault, but I can't come up with an alternative answer. It was only the bad smelling food that convinced me eventually to change over, so the improvement to the dog was an unexpected bonus. He also seems brighter in himself.

Moobar's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because...my dogs have been having the same problem.
<br/>We have been feeding this also for about 5 years now and they both love it,but in the last 4 or so months my older dog has started chewing his paws,has discharge from his eyes and very smelly ears,he has also developed a bald patch on his ear, a sure sign of an allergy to something.
<br/>My youngest dog has always got mucous in her stools too.
<br/>We have changed nothing in their diet.
<br/>I have noticed lately that some of the food sometimes seems a bit iffy and have questioned if it is alright too.I have also had the same problem of blown trays and even sometimes the food has definately been off even though the packaging seems Ok,it seems the lids have let air in somewhere.
<br/>Gone off sensitive naturediet is unbelievably bad smelling!!
<br/>This is quite annoying as I buy it in bulk so hard to take it back to the shop a few weeks later!
<br/>I'm wondering whether they have changed the recipes.When they used to do the tripe varieties as well the food was really great but it does seem different now.
<br/>I'm going to try Orijen food out as I have heard good things,to see if things improve.It is a dry food though unfortunately.