Zanussi ZWD12270W Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Zanussi ZWD12270W

“My Zanussi ZWD 12270W washes fine. But I'm not happy...”

Written on: 26/01/2010

My Zanussi ZWD 12270W washes fine. But I'm not happy with the drier (much too slow), so I bought a separate drier AFTER buying this washer drier. The other drier is excellent! & I'll never buy a combined washer drier again.

I do 1-3 washes a day, 3-4 days per week, most weeks, mostly on synthetic or cotton 40' super quick washes with additional rinse, & also on delicates or handwash settings.

After 1 year, the door-plastic cracked near the handle fixings. Zanussi promptly changed the cracked cover under guarantee.

Recently it failed to work for hot washes (60' or 50'), but was fine for cooler washes (30' or 40'). I rarely use the drier, but used it a couple of times, approaching 2 years after purchase, After using the drier it wouldn't start for about 4-6 days both times (tried switching off & on at mains to reset, didn't help). Zanussi sent an engineer under the 2 year guarantee (just!), he found the heater's faulty on the drier & said they'll replace it under warranty.

Happy with service maintenance - luckily I phoned Zanussi 1 yr 364 days after purchase! If it had been 2 yrs after delivery (only 2 weeks later), I wouldn't have been happy.

• More than 1 year