Umberto's, Norwich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Umberto's, Norwich

“As visitors to Norwich \i tried Umbertos as I wanted...”

Written on: 25/01/2010

As visitors to Norwich \i tried Umbertos as I wanted to eat Italien. We booked a table for 9:15 and arrived on time but table was not ready. When ordering we requested wine and a jug of water only to be told no tap water available! Only bottled water. The waitress explained that when you own the restaurant you can do what you want. I think she may have been the owners wife. Most likely needs a good seeing to. We were also asked why we were eating so late! Generally service was very poor and it put a bit of a downer on the evening. Food was great though. Shame the service and general attitude was so bad. I wont be going back and will recommend Pinocchios which I'm told is much better and they recognise that a customer is there to be served rather than to be made to feel like the restaurant is doing them a favour.

• Italian

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Romantic/Couples

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Lmccluskey's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2010

I found this review somewhat helpful because... because we are going there tonight. at least we will know what to expect with the water.