Avent Niplette Review

1Happygoluckygirl's review of Avent Niplette

Avent Niplette

“First off, how long has this option been around? I...”

Written on: 25/01/2010 by 1Happygoluckygirl (1 review written)

First off, how long has this option been around? I just saw the Advent Nipplette a couple months ago on the show "The Doctors" thank goodness! I see from other reviewers this has been around a long time. Might I recommend that we tell our ob/gyn's about this, mine had never heard of it! Surgery is so expensive, I am happy to pay this compared to that!

Good: Nipples came out quickly - and I feel so womanly now.

Not bad: Soreness, got some bleeding from the nipples and cracked a bit, but that was due to pulling out hard and fast! I was excited. Discharge makes the nipplettes come off. I use a q-tip to clean the small tube, I pull most of the tip cotton off so it will fit, and push it in and it dries up the moisture. I do this each day to keep it clean. I also wash the cups with hand soap and then with a tissue or dry wash cloth clean them out. I breast feed all 3 of my kids and never heard of the Advent Nipplette. I hated my inverted nipples and even though my husband has always been very supportive and enthusiastic, I felt incomplete. We are both enjoying the new nipples!! I used the organic cream and I love it, however, it does not keep the suction cups on very good. At first it did, but over time the tubing is harder and the cups just did not stay on. I am trying vasoline tonight, but will probably buy the lanolin cream you use when you breast feed. Also, I do wear a padded bra during the day, but I am very active in my community and lots of hugging going on! It can hurt - so I am trying tonite to wear all night. I've read all the reviews and will try the criss cross tape, then cut out bra to see what is more effective to keep them on all night. No one could tell I was wearing them during the day. Big padded bra. I also had to have the tubing facing upwards as sometimes the cup would be pulled downwards, of inwards and that hurt a bit. The least expensive I found was about 41.00 including shipping, but if this makes my nipples stay out, it's worth a million bucks without surgery! One last point, I have been considering buying a second set, as the suction seems less lately, and like I said the tubing started getting harder. Maybe I am used to them now, and they don't even hurt anymore so that could be it as well. I haven't consistently worn these everyday for 8 hours as my lifestyle is to busy, but hoping to get it consistent at night. Will repost in a couple months to update. BUY this! It has helped!

Sharonmarie's Response to 1Happygoluckygirl's Review

Written on: 22/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because...real experience.

Guest's Response to 1Happygoluckygirl's Review

Written on: 02/08/2011

I am 54 and all my life been embarassed of my nipples. I hid them until I was 17. I had to go into the hospital and when they asked me to disrobe I started crying because I was so scared that it was something bad. Everyone was, no big deal you just have inverted nipples. My mother said oh yes they told me when you were born. She never mentioned and I never asked. So for all those years I was afraid of what was wrong.
After I knew it was not so bad, much relief. But, the next step, boys. How do you tell them? That has never been easy at all, I am extremely self conscience about them to this day.So, today many years later, I see this product. Yes, all obgyn's should tell their patients about this. I really have suffered over for this way too long, thought of plastic surgery but expensive and not guaranteed. I will try this and let you know. All the reviews look very encouraging.