Powakaddy Freeway Review

Guest's review of Powakaddy Freeway

Powakaddy Freeway

“When buying my first electric trolley I made the...”

Written on: 23/01/2010

When buying my first electric trolley I made the mistake of buying from the market leader Powakaddy. I bought a freeway 2 with a thirty six hole lead acid battery and have had a catalogue of problems from virtually day one. There is a persistent problem where without warning and for no apparent reason the trolley cuts out. This necessitates messing around with the battery lead in an effort to get it going again and will occur 10 - 15 times a round. The trolley has been into an authorised powakaddy repair centre twice for this problem but they have been unable to locate the cause. It is now on route to the powakaddy factory but I dont hold out much hope having read other blogs which indicate that this is a design fault and a common problem. I have also had the gearbox replaced after it sheared off and was advised that this was another design fault (plastic cogs/metal gears) and I have also had the digital screen replaced due to a persistent fogging problem which yes you guessed it is another design fault! I am resigned to the fact that although my trolley is only nine moths old I may have purchased an expensive white elephant and can only hope that I am one of the lucky ones where powakaddy actually fix the problem or replace the trolley with a reliable unit that works! My advice save yourself the grief and stay well clear of Powakaddy.