Wine & Sausage, Taunton www.wineandsausage.com Review

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

CR1982's review of Wine and Sausage, Taunton www.wineandsausage.com

“I have only recently tried Wine and Sausage for the...”

Written on: 11/01/2010 by CR1982 (1 review written)

I have only recently tried Wine and Sausage for the first time. I believe it is relatively new, opening in September time. It is part of the Corner House Hotel.

My first impression was - warm and friendly. The staff were busy scurrying about and the customers all looked to be having a good time. The staff were very obliging and sat us down almost straight away.

Again with it being my first visit, I was not sure what to expect. The portion size of my starter, disppointed me, but as my wife pointed out to me - it was probably just me being greedy because it tasted so good! Like most wifes - she was right, by the time I had finished my main meal the portion of the starter was sufficient!

The wine glass I was given had water marks on it but when I drew the waiter's attention to it he was very apologetic and quick to return with a clean one.

These negative issues were definitely outweighed by the quality of the food and the service. It is a fantastic little restaurant that will make you feel at home within an instant.

• British

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all