Junghans Mega Solar Review

magic mike's review of Junghans Mega Solar

Junghans Mega Solar

“I bought this Junghans Megasolar Watch in 2001. I...”

Written on: 01/01/2010 by magic mike (1 review written)

I bought this Junghans Megasolar Watch in 2001. I always wanted a radio controlled,solar powered watch and this was it! All black, which I thought was rather different,it always looked stylish in a restrained sort of way. In hindsite, I would probably go for stainless steel, as the black finish has been gradually wearing off the strap over the years and rather spoils the 'neat and tidy' impression.The summertime/wintertime automatic change is brilliant because I can never remember which way the clocks go! I was disappointed that my new watch didn't work 'automatically' in Canada when we went,(we were there at 9/11) but then they don't have (but could have?) transmissions from the atomic clock in Hanover over there.

Another problem I have encountered only very recently (this year) is that when the weather is hot (e.g. in Cyprus) the LCDs gradually disappear, and only return again when the watch cools down.This makes it impossible to check the date!

Apart from the disappearing LCDs and black finish I have been thoroughly pleased with the watch.

I love to see peoples faces when the watch resets itself (all by itself!) to the correct time at my touch of a button. This involves the hands zooming round and round which is quite spectacular.

Magic Mike