P&O Mini Cruise, Portsmouth to Bilbao Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of P&O Mini Cruise, Portsmouth to Bilbao

“I arranged a 3 night trip for my friends 30th, I...”

Written on: 02/12/2009

I arranged a 3 night trip for my friends 30th, I expected it to be a bit 'rough around the edges' due to the cost being so low. When departing we had a delay and did not arrive in Bilbao until 4pm, so only had about 3hrs in Spain, in the dark. This was due to the bad weather. Therefore, we ended up on a 4 night cruise. Be aware of this when booking time off of work. The cabin was small but fine. We had underestimated the travel sickness and spent the first 24hrs in our cabin, unwell. Tablets and ginger biscuits did not work for us.

There were a few 'characters' on our ship and I would say that 85% thought they were at a Jeremy Kyle audition. Apart from the Langans bar/brasserie the rest of the ship was like a floating Butlins. As we were leaving the ship we learnt that some men had been arrested on board and as we sat and waited one woman went to punch another.....I rest my case!

We both had facials, which were fantastic. The cinema was great but the entertainment was very aged, I guess it catered to the customers they get.

I certainly would not go on this trip again, you get what you pay for.

• 28/11/09