Gamo Shadow 1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Gamo Shadow 1000

“I bought a Shadow 1000 seven years ago. I did this on...”

Written on: 02/12/2009

I bought a Shadow 1000 seven years ago. I did this on the recommendation of my neighbor. He is a serious hunter, getting a deer just about every year. He uses his Shadow mainly for chipmunk--ground squirrel--control. For the money, I said, "Why not." Let me tell you, it was my first springer pellet gun, and the best air rifle I ever owned. Yeah, the trigger has creep, but for the money and the varmit control it has proved itself invaluable. Recently, the stock cracked in-two at the forearm. But even with this malfuntion, I would still recommend this rifle to anyone. In fact, I just returned it to Gamo. For $39.95--U.S., they tell me they will fix it. If they do, GREAT. Apparently, Gamo no longer makes this model. I wish they would bring it back and stop with the bells and whistles on current products. Don't give me a rifle with no open sights or crappy open sights; or a rifle with a crappy scope--like the one on my Whisper that broke after a half-dozen rounds. Stick with the basics--Keep it Simple!

• Accuracy