Visitormagic The Magic Jack Review

• Ease of Set Up

Szyzsnyk's review of Visitormagic The Magic Jack

Visitormagic The Magic Jack

“Magic Jack set up is quick & easy, and for the first...”

Written on: 24/11/2009 by Szyzsnyk (2 reviews written)

Magic Jack set up is quick & easy, and for the first 12 hours or so works great! But after that there are constant problems with call audio. After the first few hours incoming calls have no sound, callers hear you but you hear nothing. Outgoing calls either have the same problem, or you have sound & the caller doesn't. I have tried four different phones with it (two were new purchases & all are different brands) and none worked longer than about 14 hours before developing the same problems. The computer I hooked up to is used for nothing else, and my internet is Road Runner turbo so speed is not the problem. I have found that if I uninstall all of the Magic Jack software, reboot my computer & reinstall it I can get another 12 - 14 hours of use from each phone, but then the problems start again! The people at Magic Jack told me to get a newer version of Windows, but I have Vista on that computer & there was no newer version at that time! The only thing that works all the time is the Voice Mail, and the copies of messages sent to my e-mail has been the only way I can hear them. Overall Magic Jack was a TOTAL waste of both money & time!!

• Ease of Set Up