Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“Credit Report Free Offer (my true rating on the star...”

Written on: 21/11/2009

Credit Report Free Offer (my true rating on the star scale would be zero if that were an option...)

I am amazed that a company such as yourselves can continue to operate by the passive acceptance of your membership without a formal agreement.

It would seem that I accepted a 'free offer', presumably in September this year, of a credit report and must have given my bank details at the time. I certainly was not aware that I was signing up for a regular bank payment of £6.99 per month without further confirmation and agreement from myself - there is no way I would require a regular report on my credit rating!

On realising from my most recent bank statement that this charge has been made by direct debit for the months of October and November, I returned to your site to try to cancel. There is no obvious facility for doing this. I telephoned you and took the cancellation option on the automated phone line and have now cancelled the payments.

However I have inadvertently paid you £13.98 which I did not intend to do and feel that you have achieved this by a passive rather than an active decision on my part. Neither have I received any benefit that I am aware of in return for these payments. I am surprised and disappointed that such a service is provided by a company that is theoretically acting in the interests of helping its customers to avoid such devious methods of trading.

• Credit Report