Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton. Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

RRogerRabbit's review of Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton.

“Sadly I sold my FN19 Lighthunter some time ago and it...”

Written on: 21/11/2009 by RRogerRabbit (8 reviews written)

Sadly I sold my FN19 Lighthunter some time ago and it was the worst thing I've ever done!

Good Points:

- Accurate

- Lightweight

- Reliable

- looks great

- Magazines are resonably priced (£11)

- decent shot capacity

- not at all pellet fussy, though H&N Exact and Barracuda Match gave the best results

- reasonably priced for a rifle of this quality

Bad points:

- Slightly noisy when shot, magazines also rattle a bit... not a big complaint though given how cheap the magazines are. As for the ring when the rifle is shot I shot consecutive bunny's multiple times so I guess it annoys me more than them!

I used a Hawke Niteye 3-9x40 on this, zeroed at 10 metres, and didn't seem able to miss. Easily the best hunting rifle I've ever owned.

It's light but I fit slings to all my rifles so I can keep my hands free without having to put the rifle down, however I'd reccomend caution when putting a sling on due to the nature of the stock.

NEVER cock the rifle with the barrel tilted upwards - the pellets fall back into the action. At some point this will cause the action to become stiff or jam altogether.

There's nothing I didn't like about this gun really so I'll stop here - if I were to choose a gun to use for the rest of my life this would be it!

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's Response to RRogerRabbit's Review

Written on: 22/06/2011

do you no were abouts yuo can buy the f19's magazines from?

Guest's Response to RRogerRabbit's Review

Written on: 29/10/2011

you're definitely right about cocking it with the barrel tilted upwards - bought one second hand & a lovely rifle, but it jammed & had to strip it - had to remove about five pellets from the action!

not a great start! lovely gun though & liked it so much, i bought a second one, an fn12 lighthunter.

great guns & well done falcon, when they made em.