Written on: 19/11/2009
Loads of pros with the Nomad Travel Cot...
- Small pack size so ideal for taking camping etc and light too.
- Mattress comes in a separate bag so easy to just take this with you if you don't need the whole cot.
- Quick to put up and take down (although a little fiddly the first few times)
- Side panel zips can be secured on the outside to stop child getting out if they try moving the zip from the inside.
- Is likely to last for ages as will easily fit a toddler, plus as it doesn't look like a (babyish) cot I hope our daughter will continue to love using it for years to come.
- Can be secured with (included) tent pegs for use in the garden. I don't think it has UV protection but I'm wondering if the mesh is mosquito/insect proof.
- We love the fact it is fully enclosed so we can use it without needing a cat net. Also great at the inlaws as we can zip it up and leave the bedroom door open knowing that our daughter can't get out.
A few little things to mention though...
- I find I need someone to help me put this up and take down as it can be tricky to slot the feet in with the poles under tension. Husband can put it up on his own though, I think it's just practice.
- Although the cot isn't any larger than others, the feet stick out a bit so gives the impression of being bigger than it is.
- Self-inflating mattress isn't very thick and I don't think it's suitable for use on hard floors (or straight on the ground!). We've bought a Wee Airic self-inflating mattress to use in combination to give a more comfy base. However our daughter has slept fine with the included mattress on carpeted/rugged floors.
- The mattress goes in a slot on the underside of the cot so we needed to use a grobag for our daughter to sleep in as there's nowhere to securely tuck a blanket.
Overall we love this travel cot and definitely feel it was money well spent. It also gets loads of comments when we put it up!
As rated by real users
"The nomad travel cot is just t..." Read More
"This is a brilliant product, l..." Read More
"The Samsonite Sun & Sleep Pop-..." Read More
"Highly recommended, wouldn't h..." Read More
"Th eJane travel cot is a good ..." Read More