Garrett Ace 250 Review

oceaneagle's review of Garrett Ace 250

Garrett Ace 250

“I am not a hard core Metal Detectorist so when I...”

Written on: 16/11/2009 by oceaneagle (22 reviews written)

I am not a hard core Metal Detectorist so when I decided to buy a Metal Detector I wasn't looking in the high hundreds. I wanted a decent all rounder at a reasonable price. I have owned one before and I knew enough to stay away from the cheapos. This then would be my first piece of advice. Whatever you buy do not buy those you see around for £40-£60 they are no more than toys.

I plumped for the Garrett Ace 250. I knew Garrett was a name to be reckoned with and my research proved that their Ace 250 was a great all-rounder, easy to use by a novice yet well thought of by experienced treasure hunters.

Priced around £180 (you need to shop around) it is sturdy and full of features found on more expensive units.

Any would be treasure seeker needs to practice, more practice brings more finds. With this Detector you should be finding stuff from day one.