Richter Optik 3-9x40 Review

alandunsmore's review of Richter Optik 3-9x40

“After reading the various reviews on Richter Optik...”

Written on: 16/11/2009 by alandunsmore (8 reviews written)

After reading the various reviews on Richter Optik Rifle 'Scopes, I thought I would just like to add a few comments of my own.

I have no less than six of these 'Scopes. All are 3-9x50 with illuminated reticules. One is on a .22 BSA Lightning Tactical 'Springer, One on a .22 Air Arms S410K PCP, One on an Air Arms S410 Extra PCP(FAC rated) , One on an Anschutz .22 Rimmie, the fifth on a .17HMR CZ American and, finally, the sixth on an old BSA .177 Meteor.

Frankly, I cannot fault these 'Scopes. O.K., occasionally I have to double check for Zero, but no more than I ever have had to do with 'scopes costing far, far more than these do.

Unless you are shooting at over 200 yards as some 'heroes' do, these sensibly priced 'scopes are well adequate for most shooters needs.

Worried about the light gathering capabilities compared to more expensive optics ? Then get a gun lamp and really see what you are doing !

I use a Lightforce 140, a Tracer Max and a Ledray GL4, all sensibly priced units from Deben whose service and attention, are second to none.

Most problems I hear about are with poorly mounted mounts and poorly mounted 'scopes which are then poorly zeroed. It 'aint Rocket Science, but it must be done properly. If you can't do it yourself, get someone who does know what he is doing !

Finally, EVERY time you go out shooting, first, check your zero! - I do this, even when shooting over open sights.